Monday, August 9, 2010

Extra! Extra!


This year I will continue to help students understand the importance of recycling. I use lessons found at Scholastic.
Last night I made this basket from old newspaper. I'm going to create a display of recycled art projects and place them next to our paper recycling bin. The idea is to encourage students to incorporate salvaged, reused, or recycled materials in projects.
The directions for the basket can be found at craftstylish. Once my paper strips were folded, I ironed them. The strips laid extremely flat which made them so easy to work with. Instead of topping the basket with ribbon, I fed newspaper strips through my computer printer to create the reduce, reuse, recycle band for the basket top. I must do this project with my students.      Be-weave me, it's fun!



Both my sons had a paper route.
I'd forgot how messy newspaper can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment