Saturday, August 7, 2010

Community Totes




I team teach with two other teachers and our students move around throughout the day. I thought I would try these colorful totes for supplies. At the beginning of the year I ask that supplies not be labeled. This way I can distribute supplies to the totes as community property. Each tote is home to glue, crayons, colored pencils, scissors, and glue sticks. I place supplies for three students in each tote. My students desk are arranged in pods of three and when the need arises for supplies, one student from each group pulls a tote from the supply cabinet and carries it to their pod.

How do you arrange your student desks? According to Succeeding with Seating, there are several factors to consider. Read about seating arrangements here.

No comments:

Post a Comment