Friday, August 8, 2008

Mane Events

Declutter your desk. Classrooms are busy and teachers need to keep track of everything and everyone. Get organized with a message center.


The humble bulletin board is definitely low-tech, but it works.

What You'll Need:


  • twenty-four 3-3/4-inch-diameter cork coasters

  • acrylic paints: orange, yellow, brown

  • removable wall-mounting stickers tacks or pushpins


Directions

1. Paint the tops of 12 coasters in assorted colors. Paint a second or third coat, as needed, to fully cover the cork.

2. Glue a plain coaster to the back of each painted coaster. (This adds thickness to the bulletin board, so you can push tacks into it.) Lay books on top of the glued coasters to prevent the cork from curling. Allow to dry overnight.

3. Paint the edges of the coasters; let dry.

4. Referring to the photo, adhere the coasters to the wall with removable wall-mounting stickers.

Mix and match the color placement in a pleasing pattern.



This message center hangs behind my computer table. It is actually one of those old green chipped chalk boards. I decided to cover it with paper and create a bulletin board. My teacher’s desk sits in front of the computer center which allows me to have a work station situated both in front of and behind me.



The message center ensures that I have a clean workspace on my desk.








1 comment:

  1. Great idea. I am doing a polka dot like theme this year and I need low key. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete